In Japan, according to law, the contractor engineers who are in charge of construction supervision and management at each construction site must have national license. Such licensed engineers compose Construction Management Engineers Association in each prefecture. These 50 local or special-technology associations compose Japan Federation of Construction Management Engineers Associations (JCM).
Main missions of JCM are as follows/
1) To promote of the skills and social status of construction management engineers
2) Commendation, information collection and research study of construction management engineers
3) Implementation of Continuing Professional Development System (CPDS), Seminars and issue of related books
4) Research study for safety, quality and efficiency of civil work
Here are two summing-ups of our missions:
1) Promotion of construction management engineers¡Ç skills (Improvement of completion and management of skills)
2) Improvement of site-productivity (Improvement of
safety, quality and efficiency)
Our spirit- "There is no royal road to learning."